Whether you’ve recently gone through a divorce in San Antonio, or you’re going through the process right now you’ve likely found that it’s not easy. The good news is that it can be a smooth process with the help of a qualified attorney. Sometimes a spouse doesn’t want to comply, and enforcement assistance is needed.

Here are two common situations in regards to enforcement that may help:


Is your ex not paying as agreed in your settlement? The first step is to contact your attorney who will be ready to file a violation of a court order. He or she is the best source for divorce laws and will ensure that the ex-spouse begins complying or they’ll face penalties.

While violations can be filed on your own, it’s always nice to have your family law professional in your corner to make the process much smoother.

Refusing to Leave

This is another issue many have when they split up with their spouse. If he or she refuses to leave, and there’s an order in the decree that they must within a certain amount of time then you can have them removed by San Antonio law enforcement. However, if there’s no stated exclusive residency in your paperwork then it can’t be helped.

Your best bet is to return to your attorney who can use their knowledge of divorce laws to write a court order stating you have residency. Then file for a violation.

In any case, it’s an unfortunate situation when the process is ongoing in regards to enforcing a divorce decree. These are just two of many situations that can arise. Keep in mind that while you may have to return to court for an ex being in contempt, it can be less headache when you enlist the help of a family law professional. Then you can move on to the next chapter in your life.



Take a Moment Now to Contact Lanfear & Associates for a Consultation to Speak with an Experienced Divorce Attorney.